Friday, November 28, 2008
I had a really nice Thanksgiving yesterday. They had a special evening, with no lectures, and cooked turkey and mashed potatoes and cranberries and apple pie and green beans. It was very delicious. And people dressed up like pilgrims and indians (although the british wore their colors and painted their flag all over their faces, and the canadians insisted that it wasn't REALLY thanksgiving. They must be jealous the pilgrims didn't land in canada or something. Ottawa rock doesn't have the same ring.) I also got to play some american football. Of note was a pass I caught after cutting out into the open, then scoring a touchdown, then receiving the congratulations of all the women of capernwray who were watching us play. It was nice to play a sport I'm actually good at. Our indoor cricket season has been dismal. I'm getting better at batting though, which had been a challenge for me before. I tended to hit line drives that were easy to catch off the walls. Low and hard is the way to go. There was a moment on the football field yesterday when I was asking a guy on staff at Capernwray the specifics of a certain play, and he politely listened to all my questions before telling me, "I'm English. I have no clue." That's why American sports are the best. They are controlled. Even monkeys could chase a soccer ball for an hour and a half. Today there are Christmas decorations all over, lights, a tree, etc., and someone brought charlie brown christmas music, which I've been playing. It's very nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment