Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm in Berlin right now (for those of you who haven't seen my facebook status...which says the exact same thing-I can't diversify). Right now I'm enjoying the company of some fellow students and the atmosphere of a german pub by going on the internet lol. So I totally was just asked (AUF DEUTSCH) if I wanted a small coke or a large coke and I totally just answered in German (perfunctorily!)...and impressed everyone (including myself) by the German I didn't know I had. I know it's not a big deal...but I'm happy. I'm having a good time here. I really enjoyed seeing the berlin wall yesterday and Checkpoint Charlie. Today we saw that movie with Tom Cruise about the Hitler assassination attempt. Cool and meaningful to be in Berlin when I saw it. And cool to be with Germans--my bible school friend Phil and his friend Lucas. The best part is meeting Germans (like Phil's other friends) and speaking and hanging out with them. I actually just really like meeting people, even those in the hostels with us (not the sketchy Frenchies down the hallway who like to party). I'm excited to go down to southern Germany (the Nurnburg---I can't spell anything---area) on Tuesday.

No comments: