Sunday, February 15, 2009

It was another good week. I had another Mexican meal at the home of an English lady who had never had a burrito before. Her dining room table was older than the United States (the colonial period exempt, of course). And I managed to spill coke all over myself AND realize several seconds after everyone else! My outreach team is going strong. I've somehow managed to be organized, for now. I'm excited for the upcoming ministry, which is really great. Thanks for your prayers.
I had the best Valentine's Day. (I realize that's not saying a lot.) But it was one of the best nights I've had at Capernwray. We had a little party in the lounge, with my old roommate from Tennessee playing music. And people reading poems. I shared three. Two sonnets and a very sad poem. It went really nicely. They especially liked my sonnet about my first true love (a Chipotle pork burrito) but I learned that if you start off with a really funny poem, no one will remember what you say next, however profound (in my eyes, of course...that is to say life experiences are always true). It was just all super chill, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
It is also worth noting that I had a great time this morning going to a local church to sing some hymns for the small congregation. "Take My Life and Let It Be" and "And Can It Be"...which I've been singing since the swingsets of pre-school: "....that thAAA my God should STY for me!" My favorite verse was always the fourth (four year-olds can understand being emprisoned and quickening rays...I always got chills with the line ' I woke, the dungeon flamed with light ' ).
This next week should be interesting: lectures on Church history.

No comments: